Identifying and correcting the cause of leakage is essential for long-term, trouble-free operation of mission-critical rotating equipment. In the second session of this three-part series, our engineering experts will take you deeper into relating the seal condition to the underlying causes, suggested actions to ensure long seal life and take questions from the audience. This three-part webinar series provides educational information about the most frequent causes of seal leakage and the proper corrective procedures.
Engineering experts will show you how to identify common causes of seal leakage and take steps to avoid typical problems.
What You’ll Learn:
- Correctly interpret the signs of equipment issues, which may lead to seal damage or indicate that impairment has occurred.
- Adjust the operation of equipment to avoid seal damage.
- Interpret the condition of damaged or leaking seal components for yourself and identify possible causes*.
- Full diagnosis and repairs should be carried out by qualified John Crane personnel
Who Should Attend:
- Maintenance Engineers / Managers
- Reliability Engineers
- Rotating Equipment Engineers
- Plant Managers
- Anyone involved in the application and maintenance of mechanical seals and rotating equipment
Andrew Filipowski, Regional Engineer at John Crane
Andrew has five years of field experience with mechanical seals for John Crane. His responsibilities include seal and support system troubleshooting, seal performance calculations, and seal failure analysis in the oil and gas and petrochemical industries. He earned a BSME from Georgia Institute of Technology.
Stuart Worthington, Senior Supervising Engineer at John Crane
Stuart specializes in high duty applications, developing bespoke solutions, calculations and troubleshooting for mechanical seals. He has experience in the oil and gas industry and as a product engineer for a pump manufacturer. He holds a BS in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Liverpool.
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.