Single Mechanical Seals for Sulzer Process Pumps
Type SEW is a seal operating on a non-pressurized water quench principle. It is designed for the most demanding applications in the pulp industry, where reliable and long-lasting operation is required from a seal. Typical applications include stock pumps at pulp mill washing and screening facilities, as well as high-temperature condensate pumps.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Balanced design — undisturbed operation even with sudden pressure shocks.
- Heat shrunk seal faces — ensures correct face alignment at all temperatures recommended for this seal.
- Spring located in a stationary body — shaft misalignment does not pump up the spring or wear out the O-ring.
- Installation against the shaft shoulder — easy installation reduces risk of human error. No measurements required for installation.
- No drive pins at seals — seal face does not crack at start-up.
- Available in different materials — selection covers all possible single-seal applications.
- Non-pressurized seal water quench — possible to cool seal with non-pressurized seal water at high temperatures. A V-ring prevents water leakage from the seal.
- By using a Sulzer Scanpump cartridge tool, the seal becomes a true cartridge seal.
- Available with grease lubrication — the Safeseal Type SEW can be used with grease quench to save seal water.
- Temperature Limits
- Pressure Limits
- Process pressure: 215 psi(g)/15 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Standard Materials
- Seal faces: SiC/Carbon or SiC/SiC
O-rings: PTFE, EPDM, Viton
Metals: AISI 329 (standard), titanium, UHB
Springs: Nimonic steel
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.