Universal Cartridge Seal Family — Dual Cartridge O-ring Seal
The first truly universal cartridge seal, the Type 5620/5620P will change your approach to sealing. Since the 5600 Series components are interchangeable, you can apply one seal family throughout your plant. This gives you the flexibility to cover more applications with less inventory, which means your maintenance is simplified, downtime is reduced, plant operating efficiency is increased and costs are lowered. Designs available conform to API 682, Category 1.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Incorporates an elastomer O-ring as the secondary sealing member.
- Primary ring and mating ring reverse balance designs allow for ID or OD pressurization, which permits the dual seal to operate as a low-pressure barrier tandem seal or a high-pressure barrier double seal.
- OD pressurization of the outboard seal avoids subjecting components to high tensile stresses and achieves improved cooling. On vertical installations, it allows venting of entrapped air.
- Reversible seal head.
- Non-clogging wave spring outside the product; fits ANSI and ISO seal chambers.
- Optimized primary ring design for greater reliability.
- Set screwless outboard seal drive.
- Tangential inlet and outlet pipe connections below 3.000"/75mm.
- Type 5620P comes standard with a pumping ring.
- Temperature Limits
- Pressure Limits
- 300 psi(g)/21 bar(g) for sizes up to 3.000"/75mm
200 psi(g)/13 bar(g) for sizes larger than 3.000"/75mm
- Speed Limits
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
- Mixer and agitators
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.