CHICAGO (November 11, 2021) — John Crane, a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries, today announced the launch of its new 5610 Liquid Quench (5610L), which is an extension to the 5600 seal range.
The extension offers the same benefits of the 5600 seal design with a lip seal secondary containment device for liquid quench applications. The 5610L also promotes the reliability and interchangeability of the 5600 seal design for liquid quench applications.
“Our customers will benefit from an interchangeable seal head designed to accommodate a full range of liquids, including applications with crystallizing duties such as caustic soda, ammoniums, dirty water, light sugars and vegetable-based oils,” said Product Line Director, Universal Sealing Solutions, Terry Lemm.
Designed with a focus on operational efficiency and reliability, additional benefits and features of the new 5610L include:
- Leverages the 5600 brand name and global recognition
- Utilizes many existing components to maintain the interchangeability of the 5600
- Provides a global standard design for liquid quench applications on the 5600
- Fits most ANSI, ISO and DIN seal chambers
- Optimized primary/mating ring design for greater reliability
- Reversible and interchangeable seal head design
- Factory preset and tested assembly
- Lip seal secondary containment device for liquid quench
Additional information about John Crane’s new 5610L, including parameters and recommended applications, can be found Type-5610.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.