Wet/Dry Running Single Metal Bellows Cartridge Seal
Using the time-tested and proven dry sliding technology from our Emission Containment Seal (ECS®), the Type 613 is ideal for processes that periodically experience dry running conditions. Applications involving batch processes, tank farms, loading and unloading platforms, and other intermittent processes are perfect for the Type 613 cartridge seal.
Precisely controlled, specially designed bellows and optimal face materials are used in the Type 613 seal. As a result, the Type 613 is able to operate effectively during periods of dry running, and successfully return to sealing liquid when normal running conditions are restored.
An expensive pump and seal overhaul of your conventional wet seals, due to occasional dry running, is no longer required.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- The Type 613 is a single bellows cartridge seal designed to operate reliably in services where short periods of dry running conditions occur.
- Available with a Hastelloy® -C bellows assembly, an Alloy 20 gland and a wide range of elastomers to best suit your particular application.1
- Fits the most popular standard and enlarged seal chamber ANSI, DIN and metric pumps.
- The welded metal bellows design is manufactured with a 45-degree tilt edge at the bellows' inside diameter to disperse stresses in the individual bellows plates and maximize their operating life.
- Designed as a self-contained, pre-set cartridge seal, its trouble-free, slide-on-and-tighten design makes mounting simple, fast and accurate.
1Hastelloy® is a registered trademark of Haynes International.
- Temperature Limits
- -100°F to 400°F/-75°C to 200°C (depending on elastomer spe°Ci°Fied)
- Pressure Limits
- Vacuum to 150 psi(g) /10 bar(g)
Dry-running mode: 15 psi(g)/1 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Process pumps
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.