Separation Seal (Contacting Technology)
The Type 83 is a dual-segmented carbon bushing assembly designed to prevent the migration of bearing oil to the dry gas seal cartridge. Normally applied as a double arrangement with an inert buffer gas. When used in conjunction with the Type 28 dry-running gas seal, it provides a total sealing system that ensures separation of bearing oil and process gas in compressors.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Low buffer gas consumption.
- Low wear for longer life and improved reliability.
- Cartridge design for easy installation.
- Universal design independent of shaft rotation.
- Unique carbon bushing segment design with self-adjusting hydropads.
- Incorporates biased flow path to further reduce the risk of bearing oil migration.
- Specially designed joint between the carbon bushing segments to minimize buffer consumption and bearing oil migration.
- Unique axial spring design accommodates shaft excursions.
- Temperature Limits
- -20°F to 400°F/-30°C to 200°C
- Pressure Limits
- 3 to 15 psi(g)/0.2 to 1.0 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Size Limits
- 41.57 inch to 14.76 inch / 40 mm to 375mm, with sleeve to fit all metric or imperial shafts
- Centrifugal compressors
- Other compressors
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.