Dry Running Cartridge Split Seal
The Type 3740D dry-running split seal is a mechanical seal designed for the large shaft run-out and harsh operating conditions commonly associated with top-entry vessel mixing services and other dry-running applications. Type 3740D dry-running split seals are suitable for use in equipment according to 94/9/EC (ATEX 95) Group II, Category 2 GD.
The Type 3740D is part of the 3740 Series of split seals, which includes the Type 3740 wet-running split seal. These split seals use the latest modular split seal technology from John Crane that combines the unique design requirements for wet-running and dry-running services onto one common seal platform.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Suitable for use in equipment according to 94/9/EC (ATEX 95) Group II, Category 2 GD
- Factory-preassembled rotor assembly for fast, easy yet precise rotating face installation
- Separate stationary seal face for visual assurance the halves are correctly aligned
- Factory-preassembled gland plate assembly for easy, single-step installation
- Enhanced runout capability for large radial shaft movements
- Premium seal face materials for optimal performance
- Temporary wet-running allowable
- Captive socket head cap screws to eliminate lost or dropped screws
- Same-side screws on all hardware for easy access and faster installation
- Dovetail O-ring grooves to contain all O-rings without requiring adhesives
- Fast and easy field repair kits that do not require any special tools, adhesives or procedures
- Temperature Limits
- Pressure Limits
- Vacuum to 80 psi(g) / 5.5 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Mixer and agitators
- Driven machinery
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.