Balanced Stationary Multi-spring High Duty Mechanical Seal
The type 8600 seal is available in single, dual pressurized and dual non pressurized arrangements for the most extreme pressures and speeds, from our high duty seal range. The unique patented seal face design ensures stable and predictable operation across a wide pressure range, including resistance to high reverse pressure scenarios.
The seal is ideally suited for offshore, pipeline and injection duties and it can be supplied to international standards such as NACE MR-01-075.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Silicon carbide mating ring for high face stability and efficient heat dissipation
- Cranite primary ring for face stability and resistance to abrasion
- Optional ACR (Armoured Composite Ring) for high strength in reverse pressure operation
- John Crane Laserface® technology for increased fluid film stiffness and reduced heat generation under high loads
- ESR (Elastomer Support Ring) isolates seal faces from component induced distortions and minimise friction
- Stationary springs are unaffected by centrifugal forces for high speed operation
- Polymer Support Rings for excellent process compatibility and prevention of hang-up
- Multi-point injection for effective cooling and minimises asymmetric face distortions
- Temperature Limits
- -40°F to 300°F/-40°C to 150°C
- Pressure Limits
- Vacuum to 2,900 psi(g) / 200 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- High Duty Pumps
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.