Non-contacting Gas Seal for Turbo Compressors
Type 28EXP: The product for the most challenging and hostile environments with proven and independently audited performance to 425 bar(g). Type 28 compressor dry-running gas seals have been the industry standard since early 1970 for gas-handling turbomachinery. Utilizing John Crane’s patented spiral groove pattern, these seals are non-contacting in operation. During dynamic operation, the mating ring/seat and primary ring/face maintain a sealing gap of approximately 0.0002"/5 microns, thereby eliminating wear. These seals eliminate seal oil contamination and reduce maintenance costs and downtime. Single, tandem and double seal arrangements are available.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Cartridge design
- Unidirectional or bidirectional capability
- Single, double-opposed or tandem configuration
- Robust design with unparalleled field-proven pedigree
- Temperature Limits
- -220°F to 600°F/-140°C to 315°C, dependent on overall duty conditions
- Pressure Limits
- 6,164 psi(g)/425 bar(g) across a single stage
- Speed Limits
- Size Limits
- Centrifugal compressors
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.