A PG 72 (API Plan 72) system is used to provide a clean, regulated gas supply to a dual unpressurized seal arrangement where the containment seal is dry running. A low-pressure gas, typically nitrogen, is introduced in the area between the inner and outer seal to sweep primary seal leakage away from the containment seal, thus preventing fugitive emissions from escaping to the atmosphere.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Designed in accordance with API 682 4th Edition
- Typically used in conjunction with PD 75 and PD 76 leakage detection systems to supply low-pressure buffer gas (typically nitrogen)
- Prevents icing on cold applications and provides some cooling to the outer seal
- Standard Materials
- Panel: 304 Stainless Steel
Piping: 316/L Stainless Steel
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.