Rigid Coupling with Radially Located Parts for Vertical Applications
John Crane’s Metastream® C series range of rigid couplings incorporate a segmented, piloted locating design. This eliminates the shaft distortion associated with conventional “clam shell” coupling designs where the motor shaft supports the pump shaft, and there are no thrust bearings in the pump. They can also be used in vertical mixer applications where the same characteristics are required. The C Series consists of the CPLR general industry design, CPAT and CPKT ISO 13709 (API 610) designs with tighter tolerances and runouts. The CPKT is specifically designed with an internal threaded adjusting nut to be used on VLK pumps. These designs are also available in four different styles which allow different combination of components to meet your various equipment needs.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Easily adjustable for setting vertical clearance.
- Eliminates run-out errors associated with Clam Shell coupling types.
- Corrosion-resistant phosphate coating.
- Robust design.
- Radial pilots provide for repeatable assembly results.
- Designed to transmit torque between vertical-mounted equipment.
- CPAT and CPKT meet requirements of API 610.
- Optional materials and coatings available.
- Special design features available.
- Maximum Rating
- 16,137 kW/1000 rpm or 2,164 HP/100 rpm
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- 154,034 Nm or 1,363,320 lb. in.
- Maximum Speed
- 5,000 rpm
- Maximum Bore (Shaft)
- 302 mm or 10.5”
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Electric motors
- Other rotating equipment
- Driven machinery
- Standard bore process pumps
- Chemical processing
- API 610 Pumps
- Oil and gas (refineries)