John Crane 5-Ring Valve Packing Sets are available in Standard and Utility arrangements.
Standard Valve Packing: John Crane offers a unique Valve Packing Set consisting of a pre-sized set of rings. The packing set contains five squared rings, which will seal the majority of liquids encountered in a refinery or petrochemical plant.
Utility Valve Packing: John Crane Utility Valve Packing Sets incorporate ultra-high-purity Crane-Foil® (flexible graphite) and ultra-high-purity graphite yarns to ensure low contaminant levels.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Standard Valve Packing — Two high-density John Crane G58 graphite die-formed rings form the top and bottom sealing rings. These rings ensure compression of the middle sealing rings and will prevent any packing extrusion.
- Center Sealing Rings — Three medium-density Crane-foil die-formed rings comprise the center sealing rings which are completely contained between the end rings.
- Utility Valve Packing — Two ultra-high-purity N-1635G braided graphite yarn rings form the top and bottom sealing rings. These rings ensure compression of the middle sealing rings and prevent extrusion. The material complies with GE spec. NEDC-31735P.
- Center Sealing Rings — Three N-267 ultra-high-purity Crane-foil middle rings comprise the center sealing rings, which are completely contained between the end rings. The material complies with GE spec. NEDC-31735P.
- Temperature Limits
- Non-oxidizing atmosphere: 1200°F/650°C
Oxidizing atmosphere: 850°F/455°C
- Pressure Limits
- 6000 psi(g)/415 bar(g)
- pH Range
- 0 to 14 (except strong oxidizers)
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.