Braided Flexible Graphite Packing
G57, G58 and G58I are high-purity, high-strength interlace braided flexible graphite packings designed to handle a wide range of fluids. These packings feature superior chemical compatibility. They have self-lubricating and heat-dissipating properties, making them ideal for use where fast break-in and reduced shaft/sleeve wear are concerns.
These unique packings have proven to be excellent for leakage control, while being resilient and dimensionally stable, leading to longer packing life. They are highly recommended for steam valve service and process applications.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- G58 — This packing is manufactured from high-purity flexible graphite yarn that is reinforced with a high-strength, high-temperature, non-scoring filament. The yarn is tightly braided and squared to provide resiliency and stuffing box conformity.
- G58I —This packing incorporates the same yarn as G58 with the addition of a high-strength, high temperature wire mesh encapsulating the yarn. The wire mesh provides additional tensile strength and extrusion resistance.
- Applications — G58 and G58I are recommended for a wide range of fluids, including most acids (except strong oxidizers), caustics, solvents, high-temperature steam, gases, hydrocarbons, pulp, paper stock and water.
- Standard sizes — G58 and G58I are available in standard cross-section sizes from 1/8" to 1" in 1/8" increments. As John Crane spools, these standard sizes are available for immediate shipment. Metric and larger sizes are available upon request.
- Temperature Limits
- Oxidizing: -400°F to 850°F/-240°C to 455°C
Functional steam: 1200°F/650°C
- Pressure Limits
- G58 pump: 400 psi(g)/27.5 bar(g)
Valve: 4,300 psi(g)/296 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
For high-speed applications, contact your John Crane Sales/Service Engineer.
(G58I not recommended for rotary service.)
- pH Range
- 0 to 14
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.