Heavy-duty Cartridge Slurry Seal
Available as a single or double seal, the Type 5860 is designed to operate in the harshest abrasive slurry environments. Process fluids such as limestone, phosphates, kaolin clay, drilling mud, coarse coal, boiler fly ash, rock salt, rock and sand are no problem for the Type 5860. Unique design features eliminate problems common to sealing mining process fluids, allowing this seal to operate without a flush, thereby reducing the total cost of ownership.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Advanced seal face design for optimum performance in harsh slurry environments.
- Product-protected low-modulus springs for maximum movement allowance.
- Two-piece gland and sleeve assemblies designed to outlast pumps' wetted parts.
- Anti-rotation pin with O-ring protects seal faces from drive slot .
- Temperature Limits
- Pressure Limits
- 360 psi(g)/25 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Standard Materials
- Primary ring and mating ring: Silicon carbide/silicon carbide
Seat carrier and wear plate: High chrome iron, duplex Stainless Steel, super duplex Stainless Steel, Hastelloy C
Thrust ring: 316 Stainless Steel
Secondary seal O-ring: Fluoroelastomer
Springs: Hastelloy C
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.