Low-temperature, General Duty All-Alloy-20 Edge-welded Metal Bellows Seal
The Type 680 is the ideal seal for general-purpose applications. Its rotating Alloy-20 bellows provide corrosion resistance in a broad range of corrosive media. Its cost-effective design, combined with a reliable performance history, has made the Type 680 a standard for low-temperature applications found in the chemical, water and wastewater, pulp and paper, and utility industries. The seal is available with hard faces for abrasive applications and a wide range of elastomers to cover a broad range of applications.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Static secondary seal available in single or dual arrangements, shaft-mounted or in a cartridge
- Manufactured with a 45-degree tilt edge at the bellows' inside diameter to disperse stresses and maximize operating life.
- Superior nesting ripple plate shape with a three-sweep radius; this plate design allows the bellows device to be flexed repeatedly without the metal being stressed beyond its endurance limit.
- Self-cleaning design — rotating bellows throw off suspended particles that clog spring-type seals. This self-cleaning action eliminates the need for external flushing, filters or cyclone separators and their associated costs.
- World-class bellows manufacture — our bellows production facility has an outstanding manufacturing process with state-of-the-art stamping, welding and testing technology.
- The bellows incorporate all of the design features resulting from key engineering competencies, such as metallic thin shell methodology, tribology and fluid sealing technology, and thin film/fluid mechanics
- Standard Materials
- Carbon face: To 200C/400F
Tungsten Carbide or Silicon Carbide face: 150C/300F
- Pressure Limits
- Vacuum to 360 psi(g)/25 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.