Welded Metal Bellows Gas-lubricated, Non-contacting, Dual Cartridge Seal with Elastomeric Secondary Seals
The Type 2800MB is a state-of-the-art welded metal bellows, gas-lubricated, non-contacting seal for achieving 0.0 fugitive emissions for Maximum Achievable Control Technology compliance in new or existing large bore seal chambers. The seal provides high-reliability sealing of volatile fluids in chemical and petrochemical processes. The Type 2800MB is ideal for those applications where a dynamic O-ring is prone to attack from a sealing environment that could affect the proper function of a conventional dynamic elastomer.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- John Crane edge-welded metal bellows.
- Gas-lubricated, non-contacting dual seal cartridge.
- Provides 0.0 fugitive emissions for Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) compliance in new or existing large bore seal chambers.
- Spiral groove technology for extended seal life, reduced power consumption and elimination of wet seal lubrication systems.
- Reverse pressure capability.
- Simplified support system.
- Static secondary seal.
- Dual mating ring arrangement meets API 682 design requirements.
- Temperature Limits
- -40°F to 500°F/-40°C to 260°C
- Pressure Limits
- Vacuum to 230 psi(g)/16 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- 1450 rpm minimum / 3,600 rpm maximum
- Process pumps
- Other rotating equipment