Type 5281 (W, D, G, GD)
Modular, High-performance, Hygienic Design Agitator Seal for Glass-lined Vessels
Type 5281 is part of the 5280 hygienic vessel seal family. Please find general technical and hygienic design features of this family in the description of Type 5280. The Type 5281 was especially developed for applications on glass-lined reaction vessels with a glass-lined agitator shaft. To enable this, all product-wetted materials of the seal need to be of nonmetals. Due to the special design features of the 5280 seal family, this could be achieved by just building a silicon carbide insert into the cartridge flange. All other components and features are similar to Type 5280.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Dual-pressurized cartridge seal for glass-lined vessels with rotating seat design inboard for optimal clean ability.
- Modular design concept with interchangeable components.
- Squared PTFE-based secondary sealing elements (PRP-Ring) improve clean ability and secure a broad chemical and temperature application range.
- Design of standard version adapted from DIN 28138 considering qualified hygienic design criteria (QHD).
- Product wetted materials are in compliance with FDA requirements for food contact.
- Special designs or material options such as USP Class VI compliant polymers are available on request
- Type 5281 is available in four variants of lubrication system:
- 5281 W — Liquid-lubricated wet seal
- 5281 D — Dry-running contacting seal
- 5281 G — Gas-lubricated non-contacting seal
- 5281 GD — Gas-lubricated non-contacting inboard, dry running outboard
- Suitable for application in explosive areas. Certificates of conformity according to European Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX) Cat. 3, 2 or 1 on request.
- Temperature Limits
- -40°F to 392°F/-40°C to 200°C (-148°F/-100°C modified)
- Pressure Limits
- Vacuum to 6 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Size Limits
- 40mm to 160mm