Non-contacting Secondary Containment Seal
The 28SC is a gas-lubricated, non-contacting secondary containment seal, which is applied as a component of a multiple seal cartridge. Secondary containment seals are intended to contain primary seal leakage in the event of a primary seal failure. Patented bi-directional seal face pattern provides non-contacting operation, preserving the seal faces until the seal is required to seal primary seal leakage.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Unbalanced primary ring and a very short design length.
- The design of the secondary O-ring enables reliability in a vacuum environment — a circumstance common in Plan 02 containment chamber designs.
- Non-contacting operation ensures like-new seal faces until primary seal leakage is encountered, where the 28SC operates as a full face contacting containment seal.
- Temperature Limits
- 32°F to 400°F/0°C to 205°C
- Pressure Limits
- Dry: 45 psi(g)/3 bar(g)
Wet: 600 psi(g)/40 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Secondary containment in Process pumps