Type 8-1 / 8B1 / 8-1T / 8B1T
A Rugged General Purpose, Multi-spring, O-ring Pusher Seal
High-pressure Elastomer O-ring Seal
This range of mechanical seals are available in a wide variety of materials for handling practically every industrial fluid. The 8B1 and 8B1T seals are balanced construction for higher pressures and the 8-1T / 8B1T have a narrow cross section for smaller stuffing boxes.
These are component seals that can be shaft mounted or built into a cartridge.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Positive set screw mechanical drive design
- Lapped Faces – lapping process results in high performance precision finish for optimal sealing performance
- Compact designs permit use in all types of rotating equipment – centrifugal pumps, mixer and agitators
- Balanced Designs – available in inherently balanced and balanced construction permitting use in both low and high pressure applications
- O-Ring Design – compatibility with many different fluids through use of wide variety of materials
- Cross-section options – Available in both full cross-section and narrow cross section to accommodate a variety of seal chamber dimensions.
- Diamond face technology for industrial applications – Adding John Crane Diamond® to mechanical seal faces helps overcome short seal life and equipment breakdowns caused by harsh operating conditions.
- -40 °C to 260 °C / -40 °F to 500° F (depending on materials used)
- Type 8-1 Pressure
- 22.5 bar g / 325 psig
- Type 8-1T Pressure
- 13.8 bar g / 200 psig
- Type 8B1 Pressure
- 76 bar g / 1100 psig
- Type 8B1T Pressure
- 21 bar g / 300 psig
- Up to 25 m/s / 5000 fpm
- Oil and gas (refineries)
- Chemical processing