General-duty Elastomer Bellows Shaft Seal
Our general-purpose Type 21 mechanical seal has become the industry standard for OEM designers.
Automatic adjustment compensates for abnormal shaft-end play, run-out, primary ring wear and equipment tolerances.
The Type 21 is ideal for use in centrifugal, rotary and turbine pumps, compressors, chillers and other rotary shaft equipment. It is also commonly used by the wastewater and water systems industries for applications such as waste treatment, potable water and HVAC.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- The drive band's "dent and groove" design eliminates overstressing of the elastomer bellows to prevent bellows slip and protect the shaft and sleeve from wear.
- Non-clogging, single-coil spring provides greater dependability than multiple spring designs and will not foul due to fluid contact.
- Flexible elastomer bellows automatically compensates for abnormal shaft-end play, run-out, primary ring wear and equipment tolerances.
- Temperature Limits
- -40°F to 400°F/-40°C to 205°C (depending on materials used)
- Pressure Limits
- 150 psi(g)/10 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- Up to 2500fpm/13m/s, depending on configuration and shaft size