August 26, 2020 | 3 minute read
The high volumes and abrasiveness associated with wastewater and clean water management pose a significant challenge when it comes to designing the supporting equipment. Because the ratio of water to abrasive material from a single source can change frequently, every component has to be durable enough to withstand extreme abrasiveness and still perform reliably. Additionally, as demand for fresh water grows and natural resources become increasingly limited, managing costs can become difficult to achieve and maintain—even more so for plants in remote or elevated locations.
With all of these factors, it is now critical for companies to start addressing their excessive and often unnecessary amount of water usage.
The future is right around the corner for water and wastewater management, and cost savings within your facility is also on the horizon when making simple and impactful upgrades to your process equipment.
Past and Present
More often than not, we continue to see plant operations using excessive seal water flow due to multiple factors, including:
- Lack of seal water control devices and/or use of conventional ball valves with no means of accurately monitoring flush rates
- Use of elevated flush flow rates with the understanding that “more is better,” so as to not dry run
- Poor plant-wide water quality, thus increasing seal flush rates to prevent particulate build up in and around seal faces
Looking to the Future
John Crane has an established a proven suite of seal water control and filter systems that target and support plant-wide water reduction initiatives by providing a superior clean water source and intelligently controlling seal water flow. These functions allow the right amount of flow for maintaining equipment uptime and extending mean time between repair.
Wastewater management problems are often times compounded by the need to keep costs under control. Operating budgets continue to get squeezed, escalating the need for products that help reduce expenses.
With the proper system selections and eliminating the common mistakes highlighted above, your facility can witness up to a 97% reduction in seal water usage—an immense amount of water and cost savings that can make the future that much brighter for not only your business but also for our environment.
What John Crane water control and filter systems can lead the way to your water and cost savings initiatives?
- Safeunit™: A complete monitoring and control solution for seals and seal water systems
- Safeunit™ Ultima: A monitoring and control solution for extreme conditions
- Smartflow and Smartflow IG: An intelligent seal water control system which automatically adjusts to new operating conditions
- Safejet: A self-cleaning microfilter system designed and engineered with flow through filter technology
- Safeclean: A plant-wide seal water filtering system which removes impurities and particles
Products provide cost-effective solutions that reduce energy consumption and increase the efficiency of equipment used in all types of clean water and wastewater applications, from filtration to chlorination.
With years of experience supplying and servicing the water/wastewater treatment industry, John Crane understands your performance goals and critical operating challenge. Our range of products/services provide cost-effective solutions that reduce energy consumption and increase the efficiency of equipment used in all types of clean water and wastewater applications.
Des centaines d’experts en ingénierie. Plus de 200 sites répartis sur la planète. Offrir l’innovation et les services pour vous aider à réussir.