T Series Close Coupled Radially Split Coupling for Medium to High Torque Applications
John Crane’s Metastream® TSKL/TLKL Series of close-coupled membrane (disc) couplings are specifically designed as a direct replacement for lubricated gear couplings, even when the shaft separation is very small, typically 3mm (1/8”). They are metallic membrane couplings that incorporate industry leading scalloped, stainless steel, flexible membranes. They use the same technology used on the T Series couplings that meet API 610 (ISO 13709) and ISO 14691 standards. With an excellent power to weight ratio and fit-and-forget reliability, these couplings are ideally suited for your equipment with short shaft separations and higher speeds. The TSKL is a six-link design for smaller power requirements, and the TLKL is an eight-link design for larger power requirements. The coupling provides a strong level of angular, lateral and axial misalignment, while maintaining a high level of balance integrity. An option for spark resistance is available.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Easy to install.
- Can be supplied to meet ISO 13709 (API 610) specification.
- Intrinsic balance meets AGMA standard 9000 class 9.
- Coated carbon steel for corrosion protection.
- Fit and forget: The TSKL/tlkl coupling is designed for infinite life, and with correct machinery alignment will out last the machines it is connected to.
- Overload protection: The coupling is fitted with overload collars to protect the membranes in the event of severe torsional overload.
- Low imposed loads: The membranes have been designed to optimize their torque capability, while minimizing the reaction forces due to misalignment.
- Zero maintenance: The coupling has no relative moving parts, and hence requires no lubrication or routine maintenance.
- No backlash: The coupling design, with fitted bolts, and torsionally stiff membranes ensures that there is zero backlash.
- Spark-resistant option: Hazardous areas in refinery operations require spark-resistant couplings. This is by replacing the overload collars with components manufactured from non ferrous metals.
- Standard features: The coupling hubs are fitted with puller holes as standard. Self-locking threads ensure the hub bolts remain in place under all vibration conditions. The transmission unit has compression and jacking bolt features to ease assembly and removal.
- Maximum Rating
- TSKL: 1,400 kW/1000 rpm
TLKL: 33,000 kW/1000 rpm
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- TSKL: 13,369 Nm
TLKL: 315,200 Nm
- Maximum Peak Torque
- TSKL: 33,423 Nm
TLKL: 315,200 Nm
- Maximum Speed
- TSKL: Balanced: 4,600 to 18,000 rpm
TLKL: Balanced: 2,500 to 6,100 rpm
- Maximum Bore (Shaft)
- TSKL: 130 mm
TLKL: 364mm or 12"
- Electric motors