Series Close Coupled Axially Split Coupling (Imperial)
John Crane’s Metastream® TSE Series of close-coupled membrane (disc) couplings are designed with an axially split spacer to facilitate in field repair without moving associated equipment, even on a short shaft separation. They are metallic membrane couplings that incorporate industry leading scalloped, stainless steel, flexible membranes. They use the same technology as used on the T Series couplings that meet API 610 (ISO 13709) and ISO 14691 standards. With an excellent power to weight ratio and fit-and-forget reliability, these couplings are ideally suited for your equipment with short shaft separations. The hubs on this design can be flipped, allowing for different shaft separations to be accommodated with the same parts. The coupling provides a strong level of angular, lateral and axial misalignment, while maintaining a high level of balance integrity. An option for spark resistance is available.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Close-coupled DBSE, fully variable from 0.125" upwards.
- Coated carbon steel for corrosion protection.
- Choice of hub configuration to suit DBSE.
- Designed for the life of the connected machines.
- Fit and forget: the TSE coupling is designed for infinite life.
- Overload protection: fitted with overload collars to protect the discs.
- Low imposed loads: designed to optimize their torque capability, while minimizing the reaction forces due to misalignment.
- Zero maintenance: no lubrication or routine maintenance.
- Ease of assembly: discs can be replaced without moving the connected machines.
- Maximum Rating
- 188 HP/100 rpm
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- 118,440 lb. in.
- Maximum Peak Torque
- 296,100 lb. in.
- Maximum Speed
- Balanced: 4,000 to 8,700 rpm
- Maximum Bore (Shaft)
- Electric motors