Wrap-fit Urethane Element Coupling
John Crane’s Powerstream® A Series coupling provides a solution to one of the most persistent and troublesome problems facing maintenance personnel, periodic coupling failure and the downtime and expenses that go with it. If a new insert is needed, a replacement A Series insert can be installed in under a minute without moving either the prime mover or the driven equipment. Watch the video to learn more: Click here to watch video
Unlike tire couplings that will add axial loading on your equipment bearings as the equipment runs at higher speed, the A Series design does not, while still allowing you to easily replace the insert without moving either piece of equipment.
The A Series design is compact and fully conforms with ATEX, ANSI and ISO requirements. The design can be supplied in close coupled, spacer and dual spacer versions to cover your equipment needs. The close coupled hubs and spacers have six or eight teeth on one end. All spacers and hubs are all made using high grade carbon steel. The split insert, which is made of specially compounded urethane, fits over the hub / spacer teeth. The retaining ring is made of steel and is located with two setscrews. Bolts are supplied with the spacer shaft hubs and a specially formed thread is used in the spacer piece to lock and retain bolts in place during operation without the need for any other locking mechanism.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Easy to install.
- Urethane insert is resistant to most chemicals and oils.
- No lubrication or maintenance.
- Can rotate hubs independently for motor test.
- No metal-to-metal contact.
- Large bore and torque capacity.
- High misalignment capability.
- Hubs can be supplied either finish machined or with blank bores.
- The spacer arrangement meets ANSI or ISO requirements.
- Horizontal and vertical operations, in either direction.
- Excellent power-to-weight ratio.
- Change-out of coupling insert is faster than any other coupling.
- Maximum Rating
- 2,194 kW/1000 rpm or 294 HP/100 rpm
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- 20,936 Nm or 185,300 lb. in.
- Maximum Speed
- 9,600 rpm
- Maximum Bore Shaft
- 197 mm or 7.5”
- Temperature Limits
- Standard insert: -40°F to 180°F/-40°C to 80°C
High-temperature inserts: up to 300°F/150°C
- Electric motors
- Standard bore process pumps
- Screw Compressors