Braided Graphite PTFE Packing
John Crane C1065 (Chemlon Graphite Fiber) and C1070 combine the chemical-resistant and low-friction generation characteristics of continuous PTFE filament yarns with the superior heat dissipation and self-lubricating properties of graphite. An excellent choice for chemical resistance, these nonabrasive packings provide excellent conformability, adjustability and flexibility. They are a superior, low-maintenance choice where minimum field adjustment and fast break-in and start-up are necessary.
These packings are ideal for controlled leakage and extrusion resistance at high pressures and shaft speeds. When used as a multipurpose packing, inventory costs are greatly reduced. These packings are highly recommended for rotating equipment.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- C1065 — This packing features John Crane Chemlon Graphite Fiber, an expanded PTFE filament yarn that encapsulates graphite particles. The process locks the particles into the PTFE yarn and enhances heat dissipation over the life of the packing.
- C1070 — Individual continuous filament yarns are impregnated with a high-purity graphite and high-temperature lubricant. The graphite and lubricant assist with break-in, reduce friction, and dissipate heat throughout the stuffing box.
- Applications — C1065 and C1070 cover a wide range of fluids, including most acids, caustics, solvents, gases, oils, hydrocarbons, pulp, and stock. They can be found in centrifugal, process, vertical turbine, positive displacement, and reciprocating pumps.
- Standard sizes — C1065 and C1070 are available in standard cross-section sizes from 1/8" to 1" in 1/8" increments. As John Crane spools, these standard sizes are available for immediate shipment. Metric and larger sizes are available upon request.
- Temperature Limits
- Oxidizing: -350°F to 550°F/-212°C to 260°C
- Pressure Limits
- Pump: 300 psi(g)/20 bar(g)
Valve: 4000 psi(g)/275 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- C1065: 4300fpm/22m/s
- pH Range
- 0 to 14