M Series Multiple Membrane Straight Diaphragm Stainless Steel Coupling with Composite Spacer for Cooling Tower Applications
John Crane’s Metastream® ZMH Series is specifically designed for the humid and corrosive atmosphere of a cooling tower, with its lightweight filament wound composite spacer tube, stainless steel pre-assembled packs, stainless steel hubs and hardware. The coupling provides a strong level of angular, lateral and axial misalignment, while maintaining a high level of balance integrity. In the unlikely event of membrane (disc) failure due to a torque overload or excessive misalignment, the coupling will disconnect the drive and run on the safety bush in the pre-assembled packs, permitting the driven machine to safely come to rest without further damage to the equipment. The ZMH design will not continue to run once an upset condition has caused damage to the coupling and will alert you to the issue, which will help prevent more costly equipment damage that will take time to fix. Due to the pre-assembled packs on the ZMH, replacing the damaged part is quickly done with minimum costs.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Computer-controlled, filament-wound, matrix torque tube with stainless steel hubs, hardware and disc packs.
- Suitable for vertical line shafts without excessive loads on the membranes.
- Inherent balance to AGMA Class 9.
- Eliminates intermediate bearings for shaft separation (DBSE) to over 19ft/6m.
- Ease of installation — no crane required.
- Minimum downtime, optimum reliability.
- Stainless steel construction of all components, other than the spacer.
- Tube design virtually eliminates thermal expansion and sag.
- Corrosion-resistant to cooling tower environment and temperatures up to 300°F/150°C.
- Piloted fit of hub to disc pack to torque tube assures dynamic balance retention.
- Unique disc pack spokes are designed to shear if torque overload or excessive misalignment conditions occur, protecting expensive motor and gear.
- Increases machinery life.
- Minimizes weight of drive shafting up to 80% lighter than equivalent steel torque tubes.
- Maximum Rating
- 42 HP/100 rpm/313 kW/1,000 rpm
- Maximum Continuous Torque
- 26,460 lb. in.
- Maximum Peak Torque
- 53,333 lb. in.
- Maximum Speed
- 2,200 rpm
- Maximum Bore (Shaft)
- 115 mm/4.5"
- Electric motors
- Cooling towers
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.