General-service Braided Graphite Packings
John Crane styles 894, 1336 and 1340 are cost-effective graphite general-service packing constructed of the highest-quality synthetic fibers and lubricants. These products are designed to handle a wide range of fluids at moderate to high temperatures, pressures and shaft speeds. These packings are thoroughly impregnated with lubricants to fill braided voids in order to reduce product penetration. An external graphite coating is added for lubricity and to enhance heat dissipation for increased packing life.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- 1320 — Cotton fibers treated with a proprietary blend of petroleum-based lubricants plus an external coating of graphite.
- 1336 — Spun synthetic fibers thoroughly impregnated with PTFE dispersion, general-service compatible, plus an exterior coating of graphite for enhanced lubricity and heat dissipation.
- 1340 — Spun synthetic fibers treated with a proprietary blend of petroleum based lubricants plus an external coating of graphite.
- Applications — Static or dynamic/water, mild acids and caustics, gases, oils, steam and solvents.
- Standard sizes — Styles 1320, 1336 and 1340 are available in standard cross-section sizes from 1/8" to 1" in 1/16" increments. As John Crane spools, these standard sizes are available for immediate shipment. Metric and larger sizes are available upon request.
- Packing can be die-formed to exact dimensions for ease of installation and enhanced performance.
- Temperature Limits
- 1320: -0°F to 250°F/-0°C to 121°C
1336/1340: -170°F to 500°F/-110°C to 260°C
- Pressure Limits
- 1320 pump: 100 psi(g)/7 bar(g)
1320 valve: 500 psi(g)/34 bar(g)
1336/1340 pump: 300 psi(g)/20 bar(g)
1336/1340 valve: 1000 psi(g)/68 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- 1320: 1500fpm/7.5m/s
- pH Range
- 1320: 6 to 8
1336: 2 to 12
1340: 4 to 10
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.