Flexible Metallic Packing
Styles 1600N, 100CU, 100AL and 124 are flexible metallic or crinkled packings designed for a wide variety of high-speed, temperature, pressure and viscosity applications.
These strong, compressible packings demonstrate remarkably good shaft conformability and low friction characteristics for metallic packings.
Recommended for You
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- 1600N — Nickel foil wrapped around an Inconel wire mesh core, lubricated with graphite and special high-temperature oil.
- 100CU — A spiral-wrapped flexible copper foil around a fiberglass core and coated with external layer of graphite and special high-temperature oil.
- 100AL — This spirally wrapped aluminum foil is wrapped around a high-temperature fiberglass core, making it ideal for high pressure and temperature applications.
- 124 — A spirally wrapped solid aluminum foil is coated with oil and graphite for greater lubrication and heat dissipation, while reducing friction over the life of the packing.
- Temperature Limits
- 100AL, 124: 1000°F/538°C
- Pressure Limits
- Pump: 1000 psi(g)/68 bar(g)
124 valve: 2500 psi(g)/170 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- 100AL/124: 1800fpm/9m/s
- pH Range
- 100AL, 124: 4 to 10
- Process pumps
- Mixer and agitators
- Other rotating equipment